Saturday, June 6, 2009

THE LIST

As I progressed though the years playing this game, I had to wonder:

About the game:

Is PUP the most misunderstood job ever, even though it took Colibri for people to understand what DRGs were capable of all along?

Is NIN the most overrated job ever? (yes)

Why let WARs use nearly every weapon if they’ll suck with all but 3 or 4?

Can SE’s next MMORPG correct the mistakes they made with FFXI, or will it just be a re-skin of World of Warcraft instead?

Why don’t most NMs use different textures than normal monsters around them, instead of just being bigger? Look at Stinging Sophie or Tom Tit Tat for examples. Make TTT a black Mandragora instead, and people would really be able to pick the little guy out. I can’t remember if Leaping Lizzy’s bigger than normal, but if she spawned as one of those gray lizards, that would’ve been cool.

Have there ever been more than 3 female players using Mithras logged on at the same time?

Why are people playing as Galkas usually the best people?

How did SE get a pretty good picture of me in college for face 7A?

Why didn’t every zone get music?

What the hell kind of retard arachnids don’t even have eight legs?

Are the Elvaan the gayest version of elves ever seen, not counting that LARP guy I saw at the gas station right before FFXI was released?

And about my own life:

How did my wife tolerate all the time I spent on this?

Am I really getting older AND wiser, or just older?

If all I’m doing is getting older, why is everyone else getting stupider?

Why are the people who act the stupidest usually the most successful on this game?

Is the game really worth 15 dollars a month?

Are the people you meet there worth 15 dollars a month?

Will it be easy to forget about everything you’ve done, the friends you’ve made and adventures you’ve had in 4 years, even if it was in a virtual world?

People That Made Most My FFXI Time Worth a Damn In the Order I Can Remember Them:

Kyssandra
Mogwae
Tala
Dozer
Coldwind
Houzukimaru
Eyfa
Katsumoto
Quickswipe
Kyrek
Aricelia
Jedimasta
Cyaan
Kaboom
Endrium
Bassetto
Kiris
Larien
Bhaal
Bermont
Godofangels
Alexandrioz – The only person from my first server I can remember one way or the other.
Chewybum

I know I’m missing a few others, but they’ll survive.


People Being Mentioned Because They Suck (No, you don’t get an explanation.):

Meenah
Kisame
Drittz
Oranul
Kelia
Yindragon
Yangdragon
Ropeguy
Thefear
Nephelim or was it Nephilem? Can’t remember the spelling.
Lionsbane
Tifalockhartt
Jammer
Cloudsofflame

Strange how the lists have filled out over the years. Despite not really getting anywhere in any of the expansions’ storylines (CoP is gay) or leveling more than one job to 75, I still think it was a pretty good run and I had a lot of fun despite everyone else. I won’t forget about you guys, and if I ever make my way back I hope you’ll remember me.

No comments: